About our Recycled Base Layers
who knew ocean waste could turn into this
To create a better world for you and your horse.
Our recycled base layers were created for like-minded riders who consciously care about their impact on the earth. We created these at a time when there were almost no options for recycled rider wear on the market. We were disappointed and knew if we wanted change, we'd have to make it ourselves.
Made from 100% regenerated nylon, created using abandoned fishing nets and other ocean waste retrieved by volunteer divers & fishermen. Our base layers are buttery-soft and as comfortable at they come. You'll never want to take them off.
These base layers are the first of many products in our plans to continue to reuse, recycle and innovate to continue to do our part and create a better world for all.
1. collection - nylon fishing nets are recovered from the ocean by volunteer divers
2. treatment - the nets are then treated & broken down into raw material
3. yarnify - raw material is then spun unto Econyl® regenerated yarn
4. fabric - the yarns are then knitted into rider-tech sports fabric
5. product - the fabric is then shipped to our factory and made into Equipad wear
recycled vs. sports recycled fabric
Not just any recycled fabric – our base layers are specially knitted for use in sports, especially equestrian. not only will our base layers support you through all your riding endeavours, it'll also stand the test of what it takes to be an athlete.
Our base layers are the first of many recycle rider wear products we have in the works. Our plan is to have all products include some form of recycled or organise fabric element by 2025.